Monday, January 30, 2012

Professional hats off...

Today I had the orientation team back over, and today they told me there personal stories growing up deaf. It's really interesting to hear. And they are both happy with where they are in life and the type of communication they have. It was good to hear. I would tell about there stories, but I don't know its my place to share. But they both didn't let being deaf hold them back in anyway. Now it's time for us to make our decision. I think I know what I want, it's just a matter of what's best for Brinleigh. I think it will come to us. I just have to believe that she can reach ALL goals that we set for her. I know we will be there to help her and push her to accomplish everything. I spoke with a gal today, that has gone through the cochlear process for her little girl as well. She said that it's one of the hardest things they have done, and it takes a ton of work to have them learn and work they way they should. But it's been the biggest blessing for her little girl. She was a few years behind in her speech development, and within 1 year of having her cochlears she has improved 2 full years! That's amazing! So uplifting to hear such wonderful stories about others that have had success.

No comments:

Post a Comment