Wednesday, January 25, 2012

ASL or LSL!?!

Today I left Brinleigh for the first time with My Mom (Brinleigh's Grandma), she came and spent a few hours with her so that I could go visit the preschools of ASL & LSL. It's the next step of our orientation and picking which route we would like to go for Brinleigh's language. First off I went to JMS, which is the school they teach ASL at and they focus on sign language. The other school, was Milcreek which they teach LSL, and focus on Listening spoken language, all kids there have amplification to help them be able to hear. It was amazing! I was really good to see the two different schools and the kids in them. We haven't fully made a decision yet, but after seeing the LSL school, it makes me really happy and excited to see these little kids that have profound hearing loss that are talking just like you and me. I have never actually seen a person with Cochlear implants. It was a good thing for me to experience and see. As I left I felt lots of different emotions. I felt really hopeful!

It's so really touch for me to know which direction to go. I really hope that Brinleigh will be able to pick up talking. But I don't want to limit her by not giving her all the options out there. Is so hard making life changing decisions.... How do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment