Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One month old today

"Oh My Aching Head"
2 weeks and 3 days at IMC and 2 weeks at Primary. What an interesting start to life. We are all just very grateful she is still fighting. Her drain isn't draining as they would like but she did have 2 bowel movements today. The first one had some happy moments from one of her surgeons that is pulling for Brinleigh so very much. He did her first surgery and has grown attached to her it seems. The bowel movements mean everything appears to be working from top to bottom inside. That is why the joy so far. Her stomach is still very swollen and they are going to give it some time before they decide on other options such as another surgery.

She is such a sweetheart. She was yawning and trying to open her eyes. She likes her hands by her face which is her trademark. .

We are learning patience for sure. Good night and happy 1 month angel girl

1 comment:

  1. I was able to visit with Carrie and Brinleigh yesterday. That visit made my day! I got to experience watching Brinleigh yawn, and attempt, many times, to open her eyes. (or as it seemed she was trying) Carrie and I would talk to her and encourage her every time she tried to open her eyes. The time spent with her was very special to me, and I could not take me eyes off of Brinleigh. She is definatly a princess though. The nurse went to reposition her and change her, and she was not liking it one bit! I smiled and laughed and reminded Carrie she does have a little princess on her hands! I will always charish that moment I got to have with Mom and baby Brinleigh.

    ReplyDelete